This past weekend we had the annual Christmas party for the department. Almost all staff were in attendance and everyone was allowed to bring one guest. We ate well, laughed, and had many a cool drink. It is always nice being with co-workers outside of the office. Everyone was relaxed and enjoying themselves, some more so than others….The ones that got a bit too ‘relaxed’ (read: out of control) are still hiding from us this week.
Bureau of Computer Services Staff Christmas Party 2006
- Best of the Best Namibia — I am leaving Namibia and in a way very sad to be doing so. Namibia is an absolutely beautiful country with wonderfully diverse, well spirited, and warm people. Below is my collection of some of the best scenic photos I was fortunate enough to take while in country. [...]
- Rotaract Fun Day — The Auas Rotaract club in Windhoek had a year end fun day for the children of Hope Village Namibia. We had 53 children join us at the Katatura Swimming pool for a day of swimming, jumping, dancing, laughing and some pleasant surprises. This baby had some pretty good moves… But our friend Pepe had them [...]
- Kims Birthday Party at Nice — Yes Kim’s birthday was in fact at the begging of this month. However she was so plagued with exams that the party had to be moved till month end. Lots of fun people and laughs last night!! The Nice bar crew, these guys are great!! A Springbokkie ready to be devoured. 2 parts mint liquor [...]
- Making Traditional Southern African R... — One of my favorite traditional Namibian (or Southern African) foods discovered in the last three years is Roosterbrood. I remember the first time I had it at a bbq. It had a fantastic consistency, slightly chewy, faintly sweet and salty. It was sliced in two and nicely buttered. It is simply a side dish to [...]
- BCS End of Year Function 2008 — Some pictures from our staff end of year function. My last with the department. I will miss this crazy bunch. Winner for the best wrapped gift in the secret santa event!!! Hi [...]