Spent my afternoon down at the Fifa Worldcup Fan Park in the heart of Cape Town yesterday. Watched half of the England versus Slovenia match. Lots of energy from the crowd and a great place to watch the match.
England over Slovenia at the Fan Park in Cape Town
- Final Days in Cape Town — Settling back into the Cape Town lifestyle following our road trip was a cinch for me. The final week of the trip was to be spent hanging around the city, exploring the beaches, and sights around town. I was most happy about having a place to stay in Sea Point. When I lived in Gardens, [...]
- South Africa Road Trip — Following the research workshops and conference, I was ready to switch into vacation mode and start further exploring around the Western Cape. I feel very fortunate that I was able to tack some vacation time onto this trip, and had another two weeks with which to explore further and enjoy the late South African [...]
- Return to Cape Town: First Few Days — I feel so fortunate to have had a chance to return to Cape Town in March, nearly five years to the date I left. I always knew that I would return again, but I did not realize that time would come so soon and under the circumstance it did. I made my way to Cape [...]
- Best of the Best Cape Town — I have left Cape Town after three beautiful years! I did not travel extensively in South Africa, as I did in Namibia, this is mostly because Cape Town has so much to offer! There is so much to see in Cape Town within an hours drive: from the diverse multicultural city; the fabulous beaches; up the mountain to rugged [...]
- Last Wine Tour in Stellenbosch Region — Took the opportunity to go for a last trip to the Cape winelands today. I went with a tour group as many friends were still working and I didn’t want to self-drive. The tours are really well done and you get to visit four wineries and do numerous tastings as well as lunch during the day. [...]