Kim and I both remarked at how it felt this could be the last nice day in Cape Town. I think we were right, woke up the following day under a cloud of rain.
Another afternoon of hiking on Signal Hill
- Hesquiat Peninsula Provincial Park Hi... — Hesquiat Peninsula Provincial Park The Hesquiat Peninsula is a peninsula on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, located northwest of the town of Tofino and Clayoquot Sound and Nootka Sound to the northwest. It marks the division between the two regions formed by those sounds and is named for the Hesquiaht people of [...]
- Final Days in Cape Town — Settling back into the Cape Town lifestyle following our road trip was a cinch for me. The final week of the trip was to be spent hanging around the city, exploring the beaches, and sights around town. I was most happy about having a place to stay in Sea Point. When I lived in Gardens, [...]
- South Africa Road Trip — Following the research workshops and conference, I was ready to switch into vacation mode and start further exploring around the Western Cape. I feel very fortunate that I was able to tack some vacation time onto this trip, and had another two weeks with which to explore further and enjoy the late South African [...]
- Return to Cape Town: First Few Days — I feel so fortunate to have had a chance to return to Cape Town in March, nearly five years to the date I left. I always knew that I would return again, but I did not realize that time would come so soon and under the circumstance it did. I made my way to Cape [...]
- Flower Ridge Alpine Hike — My friend Mat and I made a quick trip up to Strathcona Provincial Park to hike the Flower Ridge Trail. I do not have a great deal of experience backpacking into the alpine, as I have largely traditionally done coastal trips. This was my second time hiking up and staying over in the alpine, following [...]