On my last day in Vancouver I hopped over to Stanley Park for a hike around. I decided to walk the perimeter of the park on the seawall which is about 9 kilometers in total. I got lucky with the weather again and had a lovely walk around the park. My walk also coincided with the annual JDRF Telus Walk to Cure Diabetes.
Exploring Vancouver Day Two: Stanley Park
- Cape Scott Hiking Trip — We drove to the northern tip of Vancouver Island to explore the legendary Cape Scott trail. I had done this hike before but it was a first for Brittany. The hike to Nels Bight at Cape Scott is 17 kilometres through the forest which is extremely mucky in parts, past lakes, rivers, former settlements and [...]
- Tapaltos Beach and Keeha Bay — A mid July expedition to arguably my favourite little beach on Vancouver Island, Tapaltos! We visit here multiple times each year but in my mind it never grows old. It is truly a beautiful spot with wonderful sunsets and many options for exploring further. On this trip we decided to trek over to Keeha Beach [...]
- Vancouver for STLHE 2015 — Had a visit to Vancouver in June for the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) Conference held in Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver. This was a wonderful conference with wide representation from educational developers, faculty and students from across Canada. It was a busy time in Vancouver as the FIFA Women’s World Cup [...]
- Four Days Hiking on Flores Island — We spent the May 2015 long weekend hiking the Wild Side Trail on Flores Island in Clayoquot Sound, a 30 minute boat ride north of Tofino. The Wild Side Trail is one of my favorite coastal hikes on Vancouver Island. The 11 kilometre (22km roundtrip) trail traverses numerous beautiful beaches as well as lush headlands [...]
- Steve’s Visit to Nanaimo — I had my friend Steve from Australia visit in May. Steve and I met in Namibia when I was living there back in 2006. Steve has got a two year visa to explore Canada but was first on his way up to Alaska to climb Mount McKinley in the US Denali National Park, a formidable [...]