On my last day in Vancouver I hopped over to Stanley Park for a hike around. I decided to walk the perimeter of the park on the seawall which is about 9 kilometers in total. I got lucky with the weather again and had a lovely walk around the park. My walk also coincided with the annual JDRF Telus Walk to Cure Diabetes.
Exploring Vancouver Day Two: Stanley Park
- Hesquiat Peninsula Provincial Park Hi... — Hesquiat Peninsula Provincial Park The Hesquiat Peninsula is a peninsula on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, located northwest of the town of Tofino and Clayoquot Sound and Nootka Sound to the northwest. It marks the division between the two regions formed by those sounds and is named for the Hesquiaht people of [...]
- Flower Ridge Alpine Hike — My friend Mat and I made a quick trip up to Strathcona Provincial Park to hike the Flower Ridge Trail. I do not have a great deal of experience backpacking into the alpine, as I have largely traditionally done coastal trips. This was my second time hiking up and staying over in the alpine, following [...]
- Rodger’s Ridge — Along with the Island Mountain Ramblers hiking club we explored Rodger’s Ridge on the north east edge of Strathcona Provincial Park. This was a great hike and a beautiful day! As we do not do much alpine hiking this was a great opportunity to climb up on a ridge and see what alpine has to [...]
- Tapaltos July 2016 — Just as Brittany’s term came to an end and just before I began my summer teaching we had a weekend to escape together to one of our favorite spots, Tapaltos Beach. We spent two nights on the beach, and hiked out to the Cape Beale Lighthouse on the Saturday. We met two bears on the [...]
- Nootka Island Hiking Adventure — I spent five days hiking the Nootka Island coastal trail in July this year. This 40 kilometre hike is only accessible by boat or seaplane and offers a remote coastal experience featuring beautiful sandy beaches, wild old growth forests, endless waterfalls spilling into the ocean, sea caves, and fantastic history. It is said to be the place of first [...]