After the conference we attended the Maritime Museum of San Diego which turned out to be an amazing experience. The museum has an impreseive flotilla including:
- Star of India, 1863 merchant bark
- Berkeley, 1898 ferryboat from the San Francisco Bay area
- Californian, 1984 replica of 1847 cutter C.W. Lawrence and official tall ship of the state of California
- Medea, 1904 steam yacht that served in both World Wars
- Pilot, 1914 harbor pilot boat
- HMS Surprise, a 1970 replica of a Royal Navy frigate. Surprise was used in the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World The ship also made an appearance in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as HMS Providence.
- B-39, Soviet Foxtrot class submarine
- USS Dolphin, diesel-electric submarine launched in 1968 and decommissioned in 2007
Maritime Museum of San Diego by Michael Paskevicius is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.