Spent a few hours touring the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier museum parked in San Deigo bay. This massive aircraft carrier was built just after WWII and active in both the Vietnam War and Operation Desert Storm. Thankfully she is now parked and serves as a museum! It is unreal just how massive this vessel is!
On Board the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum
- Washington, Oregon and Northern Calif... — Our big road trip for the year included a drive down into the U.S. reaching as far as Northern California. Our main goal for this trip was Crater Lake in Oregon but we actually went briefly into Northern California to see the fabled Redwood trees. Our drive from Victoria to Crater Lake National Park took [...]
- Last few days in San Francisco — During my stay in Palo Alto I took three trips into the city of San Francisco. The first trip was the Embarcadero and Nob Hill exploration, second trip was the bike rental and downtown walk, on the third trip I decided I was going to walk right across the city from the Caltrain station to [...]
- Half Moon Bay — I popped over to Half Moon Bay from Palo Alto one day during my visit using my brother’s car. To do so you have to drive across the San Francisco Peninsula which requires you go over the Santa Cruz Mountains. I was told THE place to go in Half Moon Bay was the Half Moon Bay [...]
- First few days in San Francisco — After three days driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco I arrived on Stanford University campus to return the rental car and meet up with my brother. I really enjoyed the drive north on the highway 1, but to be honest I could have spent another day or two doing it a little slower and [...]
- Highway 1 & Big Sur to Monterey — North of Morro Bay there was a brief stretch of inland driving which reminded me a lot of places in Namibia. The vast rolling hills and sun kissed rocky mountains, I even spotted a herd of Buffalo on the plains, where the buffalo roam. As I passed Cambria I knew that I was approaching the [...]