Catching up on some really old posts here! Trying to get disciplined about my blogging again. Apologies to any loyal readers. Below find a roundup of photos from late summer 2014 trips and hikes. Since summer is coming again I thought I needed to get these out. Summer 2014 was fantastic, with many great weekends away exploring and lovely weather.
Late Summer Trips: Quadra Island, Tapaltos Beach and local hikes
- Hesquiat Peninsula Provincial Park Hi... — Hesquiat Peninsula Provincial Park The Hesquiat Peninsula is a peninsula on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, located northwest of the town of Tofino and Clayoquot Sound and Nootka Sound to the northwest. It marks the division between the two regions formed by those sounds and is named for the Hesquiaht people of [...]
- Final Days in Cape Town — Settling back into the Cape Town lifestyle following our road trip was a cinch for me. The final week of the trip was to be spent hanging around the city, exploring the beaches, and sights around town. I was most happy about having a place to stay in Sea Point. When I lived in Gardens, [...]
- Flower Ridge Alpine Hike — My friend Mat and I made a quick trip up to Strathcona Provincial Park to hike the Flower Ridge Trail. I do not have a great deal of experience backpacking into the alpine, as I have largely traditionally done coastal trips. This was my second time hiking up and staying over in the alpine, following [...]
- Rodger’s Ridge — Along with the Island Mountain Ramblers hiking club we explored Rodger’s Ridge on the north east edge of Strathcona Provincial Park. This was a great hike and a beautiful day! As we do not do much alpine hiking this was a great opportunity to climb up on a ridge and see what alpine has to [...]
- Tapaltos July 2016 — Just as Brittany’s term came to an end and just before I began my summer teaching we had a weekend to escape together to one of our favorite spots, Tapaltos Beach. We spent two nights on the beach, and hiked out to the Cape Beale Lighthouse on the Saturday. We met two bears on the [...]